2019 STIHL MS 261 C-M VW
Professional chain saw with M-Tronic, heated handles and carburetor
The MS 261 VW - Arctic™ professional chain saw is now available with M-Tronic™ - STIHL's electronic engine management system for optimum engine power at all times - and is part of STIHL's new generation of fuel-efficient, low-emission chain saws. It features stratified scavenging engine technology that cuts fuel consumption by 20% and exhaust emissions by 50% compared to its predecessor, plus heated handles and carburetor for dependability in all weather conditions. It comes equipped with the new long-life air filtration system, patented captive nuts on the sprocket cover and side-access chain tensioner. This unit also includes anti-vibration technology and stainless steel muffler, in a durable magnesium crank case, making this trusty, efficient saw a must-have for professionals.
- Displacement (cc): 50.2
- Power output kW: 2.9
- Weight (kg / lbs) 1): 5.4 / 11.9
- Featured price bar (in): 16
- STIHL M-Tronic (M): Fully electronic controlled ignition timing and fuel metering system. The engine management STIHL M-Tronic (M) system ensures optimum engine performance, constant maximum speed and excellent acceleration. Manual carburetor adjustments are not necessary.
- Heated carburetor (V): By changing the chain saw from summer to winter operation, the intake air is pre-heated over the engine fins. This ensures that the carburettor does not ice up and you can continue working in freezing temperatures.
- STIHL anti-vibration system: Precisely calculated buffer zones minimise the transfer of engine and saw chain vibrations to the front and rear handles. The chainsaw therefore runs noticeably smoother. This allows the user to save their strength and work longer.
- Electrically heated handles (W): More comfort in cold weather. The heated handles (W) can be engaged with a switch on the left handle as required.
- Reduced-emission engine technology: 2-stroke engine with stratified charge. A fuel-free layer of air is created between the burned charge in the combustion chamber and the fresh charge in the crankcase, reducing the amount of fuel lost during the charge cycle. This results in more power with a lower weight, up to 20% lower fuel consumption than regular 2-stroke engines and significantly reduced exhaust emissions.
- Advanced combustion technology: Four overflow channels swirl the fuel-air mix before ignition, allowing for optimum combustion and highly efficient performance. The result is lower fuel consumption and high torque across a broad rpm range.
- Pre-separation air filtration system: STIHL long-life air filtration systems with pre-separation achieve perceptibly longer filter life compared with conventional filter systems. Air drawn in is swirled. The larger, heavier particles are ejected. The pre-cleaned air is routed to the air filter via the pre-separator duct.
- STIHL ElastoStart: Due to compression pressure, jerky stresses occur when starting internal combustion engines. The damping element in the ElastoStart special starter grip alternately absorbs and releases force according to the compression pattern. The result is smooth, even starting.
- Decompression valve: The decompression valve is part of the easy starting system. The valve should be pressed before starting to reduce the compression pressure when starting, as well as the effort needed to pull the starter rope. The decompression valve is semi-automatic; it must be pressed manually before starting, but then closes automatically.
- Tool free fuel caps: Special caps to open and close the tank cap quickly, easily and without tools.
- STIHL Ematic System: Compared to conventional bars without Ematic, the STIHL Ematic system reduces the consumption of chain lubricant by up to 50 %, depending on the type of wood and the cutting attachment used. This system comprises a STIHL Ematic or Ematic S guide bar, a STIHL Oilomatic saw chain and a variable-flow or reduced-flow oil pump. As a result, virtually every drop of chain lubricant is delivered to exactly the right spot.
- Side-mounted chain tensioning: The tensioning screw can be found on the side of chain saw through the sprocket cover. This removes the need for contact with the sharp saw chain.
- Controlled-delivery oil pump: The exact chain oil output can be adjusted manually for varying conditions, allowing for a reduction of up to 50%.
- 50.2 cc
- Horse Power
- 2.9 kW
- 5.4 kg (11.9 lb.)