2019 STIHL MS 291 C-BE
New all around reliable chain saw for farmers, landscapers and gardeners
The MS 291 C-BE chain saw is an all-around reliable unit for farmers, landscapers and gardeners. Powered by a fuel-efficient, low emission stratified charge engine with the Easy2Start™ system for effortless starting, and a quick chain adjuster for tool-free chain adjusting, this saw also includes an advanced anti-vibration system, and lightweight muffler to reduce operator fatigue. Part of STIHL's new generation of fuel-efficient, environmentally friendly chain saws.
- Displacement (cc): 55.5
- Power output kW: 2.8
- Weight (kg / lbs) 1): 6.2 / 13.7
- Featured price bar (in): 16
- STIHL Easy2Start (E): A genuine advance in easy starting. STIHL Easy2Start (E) cuts the effort required to start the tool by half, while the starter cord can be pulled at just one third of the normal force. All it takes is 2 fingers and a gentle pull action.
- Quick Chain Adjuster (B): With STIHL Quick Chain Tensioning, it's easy to adjust the saw chain, without tools and without coming into contact with the sharp saw chain itself. Just release the sprocket cover and turn the adjusting wheel to set the optimum tension.
- Reduced-emission engine technology: 2-stroke engine with stratified charge. A fuel-free layer of air is created between the burned charge in the combustion chamber and the fresh charge in the crankcase, reducing the amount of fuel lost during the charge cycle. This results in more power with a lower weight, up to 20% lower fuel consumption than regular 2-stroke engines and significantly reduced exhaust emissions.
- STIHL anti-vibration system: Precisely calculated buffer zones minimise the transfer of engine and saw chain vibrations to the front and rear handles. The chainsaw therefore runs noticeably smoother. This allows the user to save their strength and work longer.
- Advanced combustion technology: Four overflow channels swirl the fuel-air mix before ignition, allowing for optimum combustion and highly efficient performance. The result is lower fuel consumption and high torque across a broad rpm range.
- Pre-separation air filtration system: STIHL long-life air filtration systems with pre-separation achieve perceptibly longer filter life compared with conventional filter systems. Air drawn in is swirled. The larger, heavier particles are ejected. The pre-cleaned air is routed to the air filter via the pre-separator duct.
- Tool free fuel caps: Special caps to open and close the tank cap quickly, easily and without tools.
- Compensator: This controller in the carburettor prevents the fuel-air mixture getting richer as the air filter becomes clogged. The correct quantity of fuel is delivered to the carburettor depending on the quantity of air passing through the air filter. This keeps the fuel/air ratio in the combustion mixture constant and hence also the engine power. The filter doesn't need to be cleaned until an appreciable drop in power occurs.
- STIHL Ematic System: Compared to conventional bars without Ematic, the STIHL Ematic system reduces the consumption of chain lubricant by up to 50 %, depending on the type of wood and the cutting attachment used. This system comprises a STIHL Ematic or Ematic S guide bar, a STIHL Oilomatic saw chain and a variable-flow or reduced-flow oil pump. As a result, virtually every drop of chain lubricant is delivered to exactly the right spot.
- Single-lever master control: All important functions such as start, choke, throttle and stop are operated via a single lever.
- 55.5 cc
- Horse Power
- 2.8 kW
- 6.2 kg (13.7 lb.)